News

Construction complete at The Buffalo Mattress Factory Lofts, now over 90% occupied

26/06/2018

DJI_0026

The Factory:

This January we finished our retro fit of The Buffalo Mattress Factory Lofts. This historic rehabilitation feature’s a Rustic park beside the building that offers green space for pets and walking.  The neighborhood is very active with community members and meetings. UB and Canisius college districts are just minutes away. The Factory is also minutes away from Buffalo’s medical campus! A quick drive down Lafayette Ave. will take you right into the Elmwood Village shopping district.

Inside Look:

This $6.5 M dollar conversion from factory building into 34 loft style apartments and 2000 sqft commercial office space is over 95% occupied just months after opening our doors. The apartment units feature high ceilings, Wood Floors (some with carpeting), and Over-sized energy efficient windows that maximum potential for daylight harvesting in this re-purposed historic building. All loft units feature high-efficiency central air conditioning & heating, Energy Star-rated appliances (Some include in-unit washer & dryer), and on-site parking available.

Building History:

The original portion of the structure was built for George A. Otis and dates to 1911. In 1913 a gambrel roof was added to the original structure. in 1923 a large extension of brick and steel was added to the east side of the existing structure. This portion of the building was built to a crescent design due to its boarder of The Scajaquada Creek that had just been covered in the early 1920’s. The next major changes to the structure are in the mid 1970’s when a CMU storage addition was constructed on the western side of the original building.

Construction Watch Article…

Written: Skylr Carrow

Frizlen Group & partners purchase South Buffalo school for conversion into apartments

31/08/2015

 

31-Tamarack-exterior-02

South Buffalo School Conversion: “Thirty-two market rate apartments are planned for the $4.57 redevelopment project. The school and gymnasium are located behind the church at 432 Abbott Road and front both Tamarack and Athol streets.  The circa-1921 George Dietel designed school, vacant since 2006, is three stories tall and constructed with the same brick and stone as the adjacent rectory building.”